Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Construction Manager / Engineer (Building Services) for an MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis for a 40 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, Dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
To provide Technical oversight and monitoring of all mechanical building services delivered by contractors such as HVAC, LTHW and Compressed Air and gas.
Responsible for ensuring;
- that company management systems and processes and CDM requirements are adhered to
- all works are installed and executed in accordance with the contract documents
- onsite interfaces and coordinate tasks to alleviate both health and safety risks as well as unnecessary financial costs and delays to the project
- that the required quality/workmanship standards are met
To be responsible for delivering to the Project Manager the construction phase of a project or projects and associated documentation to meet safety, quality, programme and cost objectives
- The safety of all staff within the construction site together with the Principal Construction Manager (PCM) and other Package Integration Managers (PIM).
- Visible commitment to safety improvement programmes and follows up accidents and injuries.
- Assist in the creation and maintain a culture of zero accidents or incidents relating to occupational and personal safety, security, health issues, and environmental matters.
- Communicating to employees and contractors of the importance of meeting customer requirements including references to statutory and internal regulatory procedures.
- Assist PCM in Construction Design Management (CDM) compliance.
- Review, comment and respond to contractor programmes.
- Coordinate the integration of contractor programmes.
- Review request for information (RFI) responses prior to response to contractor to determine cost and schedule impacts.
- Implement project internal change management processes.
- Assist in raising any instructions to contractor.
- Review contractor quotations for any changes to scope.
- Provision of accurate forecast to Senior Construction Manager (PCM).
- Review and actively engage in short term planning activities e.g. Plan of the Week and constraints.
- All - maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Must be able to articulate technical complexities and have very good communication skills.
- Able to chair meetings and direct the work to meet the programme.
- Able to engage within the project teams to influence project outcome across a number of interlinking projects.
- Needs an excellent understanding of HSAWA, CDM, risk assessments, safety systems, safety cases and SSoW.
- People and process management skills.
- The Project Management of Construction and practical construction site experience is essential.
- People management skills and process experience.
- Satisfactory experience of construction management for the scope of the role or the client Capability needs.
- Higher National Diploma Building Services Engineering (HVAC) or equivalent.
- Authorised Person (Mechanical) equivalent to MOD course AP10
- CSCS Supervisor
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.