Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine Engineering and Support Services industry and are seeking 3 Mechanical Commissioning Engineers to be based at Her Majesty's Naval Base Portsmouth (HNBP) on a contract basis for an estimated 4 months initially.
The Surface Ships Systems & Equipment business sector is currently seeking a site based Commissioning Engineer to work with mechanical equipment. The equipment is electrically powered personnel & equipment lifts and materials handling systems. The work will be based in HMNB Portsmouth however time may also be spent at other offices and those of the customer.
Main activities and responsibilities will include:
* Testing and commissioning of mechanical systems.
* Pre-commissioning, alignment checks, sensor set up and testing.
* Working to commissioning instructions, operational and acceptance tests.
* Fault finding and remedial work.
* Implementation of hardware site modifications.
* Liaise between Babcock site and office teams.
* Liaison with customer.
Brief Person Specification:
Successful candidates will be highly motivated and organised, with a structured approach to installation and problem solving, capable of working in and leading in a team environment. Candidates will possess excellent communication skills, enabling effective liaison with other engineering disciplines, and with the client at a high level. Knowledge of hydraulic systems would be an advantage.
Candidates must be familiar with working in a naval, secure environment and fully understand the requirements relating to information and physical security. All candidates must comply with our client's codes of conduct and business ethics, health & safety and computer usage policies.
Candidates must have SC clearance.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
* Excellent knowledge of on-site mechanical commissioning, installation, testing and safety.
* Experience of electrically powered drive systems, gearboxes and associated plant sensors.
* A qualification to at least HNC level, with a minimum of three years relevant experience.
* Experience of electrical to mechanical interfaces and hands-on problem solving.
Due to the nature of our clients business candidate must have a background to be eligible for UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.