Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Commissioning Engineer for a Waste Disposal Facility in Cumbria. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively up to £33.00 per hour on a Ltd basis.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Disclosure Scotland and a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
* Support the development of the commissioning strategy, plan, scope and detailed commissioning activity schedule for site programmes and projects. Proactively monitor progress against the plan and schedule, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
* Production of commissioning documentation to ensure appropriate and adequate specification and delivery of system or equipment commissioning.
* Carrying out plant walk-downs and on-plant work to support commissioning work.
Carrying out system and equipment commissioning in line with commissioning and test documentation.
* Ensuring all commissioning work is carried out safely and in accordance with the relevant commissioning, work management, safe system of work and risk assessment processes.
* Ensuring all engineering and design work is carried out in accordance with the relevant Engineering and Commissioning processes and supporting management system documents.
* Effectively manage day-to-day liaison with plant stakeholders to obtain all the necessary work execution and plant isolation permissions to allow commissioning work to be progressed.
* To be trained and appointed as Nominated Person for mechanical and process plant isolations (as required).
* Production, selection, checking, development and delivery of optimised fit for purpose engineering, commissioning and design solutions balancing aspects of safety and environmental performance, operational effectiveness and constructability.
* Generating and/or managing the generation of design deliverables including specifications, calculations, Health & Safety requirements, technical reports and drawings etc.
* Supporting the close-out of engineering related actions and audits.
* Supporting the development and maintenance of configuration baselines and design bases within the mechanical area.
* Identifying appropriate engineering standards and practices to be used for the delivery of engineering work.
* To be competent in the selection of materials and standard components to suit the design criteria.
* Maintaining technical competence and currency with respect to modern standards and methodologies relevant to the mechanical discipline.
* Promoting and facilitating best practice and the sharing of mechanical design, engineering and commissioning LFE across site.
* Participation in engineering study meetings, design reviews, HAZOPs, HAZCONs, Design Authority Technical Reviews, Document Review Committees, as required.
Essential & Desirable Skills
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Engineering graduate (min 2:2) from an accredited institution in a relevant mechanical discipline or equivalent appropriate professional qualification.
* At least three years relevant experience serving in an engineering or design capacity with responsibility for the production, checking and approval of design and engineering deliverables including drawings, specifications, calculations, and reports.
* Prior experience acting as a commissioning engineer on process systems and equipment; at least three years relevant experience and training in the commissioning of systems and equipment and all safety and plant isolation aspects of commissioning.
* Accredited by an appropriate professional institution (i.e. Incorporated/Chartered Engineer) or capable of achieving Chartership and working toward that objective.
* Broad knowledge of industry consensus standards, processes, procedures and methods relevant to the mechanical and commissioning areas with a full understanding of underlying principles.
* Proven ability to manage and prioritise own workload against multiple stakeholders and competing priorities.
* Can demonstrate having the ability to engage and impact on others and work effectively as part of a wider team.
* Ability to ensure minimum standards and fundamental process requirements are maintained when under pressure to deliver and ability to challenge others at all levels of the organisation.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications
* Experience in general project management areas, work planning and schedule/programme management.
* Proven experience in the production of high quality technical reports, specifications and engineering documentation.
* Change champion with experience in leading change within commissioning areas.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.