Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Checker for our client who is aa leading supplier to the nuclear industry. The position is based in Warrington and is an estimated 12 month contract paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Design experience with machinery would be the minimum requirement
- Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
- Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
- Design Schemes
- Design Proposal Drawings
- Detail Drawings
- General Assemblies
- Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents
- Technical Reports and Studies
- Design Justification Reports
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Take responsibility for delivery of single-discipline work package to programme, budget and required quality.
- Able to manage a small team of Designers and undertake checking of Mechanical deliverables.
- Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
- Has taken part in Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally in HAZOP studies.
- Understands the requirements of CE marking.
- Preferably, AutoCAD proficient in both Model Space and Paper Space and Ideally; will have Inventor experience.
- Has good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Has good knowledge/understanding of achievable manufacturing accuracy.
- Ideally, will have some 'hands on' experience.
- Good working knowledge of geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and associated standards.
Brief Person Specification
- HNC Minimum (Or equivalent) and must have some nuclear experience.
- Has recent experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, Lifting Equipment etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.