Sitec are currently looking to recruit Mechanical and Electrical Draughtsperson Supports for a Science and Technology Campus in Oxfordshire. The posts are an estimated 12 month contracts and are paying competitively up to £23.73 per hour on a Ltd basis for a 37 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment.
For the movement, treatment and processing of solid radioactive wastes, with a requirement to ultimately consign the processed wastes to other authorised UK storage facilities. The Complex has a multi-disciplined engineering team to manage all aspects of the infrastructure to support the solid waste treatment and storage operations. The team are responsible for plant maintenance, new build, commissioning, plant modifications, decommissioning, fault finding, efficiency improvements, etc. all compliant with statutory and regulatory requirements.
To report to the Drawing Records Manager, and to:
* Create and modify drawings for all areas across the plants.
* Be able to work on drawings in a number of mediums, including AutoCAD (2013 onwards), TIFF, etc.
* Use the CAD office document management tool Admit to flow drawings as they progress through their various routes to release.
* Support design engineers in the production of drawings required in relation to the range of projects undertaken and across all discipline areas, with an ability to understand the standards and requirements of the design.
* Where relevant use Mainsaver (electronic works control system) to receive and plan work
* Ensure that QA paperwork is produced in a timely manner and in accordance with local procedures for all drawing work.
* Carry out mechanical survey work and mark up drawings.
* To provide a service to the Complex to print and prepare hard and electronic copies of drawings required in support of design, operations, project and maintenance teams.
Desirable Aptitudes and Experience:
* A technical / engineering qualification to HNC level or equivalent. Strong mechanical bias and a good understanding in this discipline area.
* Minimum C&G training in AutoCAD.
* Experience of producing drawings or documents in a highly regulated environment utilising detailed QA processes required.
* Plant experience is essential
* Ability to develop the skills required to create and manage drawings across all discipline areas. (It is accepted that the mechanical discipline will be the strongest)
* An ability to understand complex plant, equipment and concepts to assist engineers in the development of specification drawings, design drawings and the updating of drawings following completion of work. An ability to understand design specifications, standards and requirements is needed.
* Familiarity with good practice drawing techniques including layering conventions, symbols libraries and British Standards, etc.
* Knowledge of other design / draughting packages, i.e. Solidworks would be an advantage.
* Strong IT capabilities across the Microsoft range, with ability to use other packages after relevant training, Agresso, Admit (drawing database), Mainsaver (work flow package), and other bespoke company software systems.
* Good interpersonal / communication skills.
* Ability to work with the minimum of supervision.
* Ability for accuracy with records and adherence to procedures.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.