Sitec have an interesting requirement for 10 x Construction Engineers for contract roles with our client. Each role will initially be based at Aztec West North Bristol and/or the client's site in Central Bristol but will eventually transfer onto the Hinkley Point C nuclear Power Station site. The hourly rate is excellent and the duration is estimated to be 12 months.
Role Description of Construction Engineer for the contract: HPC Balance of Nuclear Island (BNI)
Each of the two reactors at Hinkley Point C requires the provision of some 110km of piping systems 35,000 supporting arrangements and installation of over 10,000 items of mechanical plant. This scope is installed into 170 work areas located on many levels within the Nuclear Island. Critical to the project's success is the logistics solution that accompanies the installation of such scope on a major construction site with many interfaces.
The Construction Engineer will undertake mechanical construction related activities associated with the HPC BNI project.
The successful candidate(s) will be part of the Cavendish Boccard Nuclear Construction Team where they will initially be responsible for:
a) Undertaking of constructability reviews to develop construction strategies for the installation of plant and equipment on site.
b) Production of the associated Safe Systems of Work including method statements, risk assessments, inspection and test plans etc
Some UK travel may be expected in supporting the constructability reviews and may include travel to France. The Construction Engineer(s) will Report to the HPC BNI Construction Manager.
Qualifications and experience:
* Minimum HNC in an appropriate mechanical engineering discipline.
* IOSH Managing Safely or other equivalent H&S qualification preferred
Experience in the following areas preferred:
* Large scale multi-discipline construction projects and high integrity piping design and installation.
* Development and production of detailed delivery work packs for site installation activities
* Preparation of risk assessments and method statements for site based activity
* Emergency and security arrangements/ plans
* Lifting Plans
Roles and Responsibilities (Technical):
* To participate in project constructability or build-ability reviews.
* To articulate and agree construction strategies with team members, the client, design engineering, interfacing contractors and service providers as required for the project and generate technical reports as necessary.
* To provide input into design and construction risk assessments, CDM reviews, HAZOPS and HAZID studies and associated construction requirements.
* Generate associated Safe Systems of Work (method statements, risk assessments) for the safe installation of plant and equipment on site, in accordance with company and client procedures and applicable UK legislation.
* Plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate health & safety matters during all phases of the project.
* Undertake other work, assessed to be within their capability, as directed by the Construction Manager.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.