Sitec has a requirement for a Materials Technician for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and the role will be based at their site in Peterborough.
To assist engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future product, components, materials and processes both in laboratory and field environments.
* Assists engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future product, components, materials and processes both in laboratory and field environments.
* With guidance from engineers on evaluation objectives and procedures defined to achieve those objectives, incumbent provides instructions necessary to complete evaluations.
* Operates test equipment and conducts investigation as directed by engineer to obtain, analyse and summarize data and utilizes assistance of support personnel as necessary.
* Records evaluation results in appropriate form (curves, charts, tables, sketches, photographs) with the appropriate tools (hardcopy, software, etc.) to engineer for inclusion in technical reports.
* Depending on experience and demonstrated skills, may handle limited objective, moderately complex jobs without engineer's guidance.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role includes any or all of the following:
* Assist engineers in performing Needs Analysis and initiate ideas
* Assist engineers in evaluating new products and processes
* Assist engineers in communicating results to customers, team members and other business units
* Assist engineers in contributing to the design of new products and processes
* Assist engineers in performing product and process maintenance
* Assist and support engineers, managers and marketing personnel
Technicians may expect to have direct contact with machines and components, working in the lab, field and at the proving grounds, observing, operating and testing the product or component.
Technicians must continuously learn through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Learning focuses on methods and processes applied to engineering functions, practical application of technical skills, communications and building knowledge of Caterpillar's products.
* Requires an accredited technical Associates degree or equivalent experience.
* Experience with application of technical practices is desirable.
* Incumbent will need to communicate effectively with team members.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.