Sitec has a requirement for a Materials Laboratory Engineer for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months, the max pay rate will be up to £20.00 p/hr LTD Company.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Materials Laboratory Engineer will work in the Materials testing laboratory in our clients site in Stevenage. Reporting to the Materials Laboratory Manager, responsibilities will include:
* Hands-on testing of materials used in the manufacture of space products.
* Providing support to the in-process and on-receipt (Batch acceptance) testing of procured materials.
* Using and maintaining a wide range of test equipment.
* Representing the materials laboratory at meetings with other departments on site.
* Supporting the continuous maintenance and review of Material Laboratory Procedures (MLPs) and laboratory working processes
* Maintaining and improving internal databases and operating procedures
* Participating in Material Laboratory Audits, Safety Reviews and daily team meetings
* Ensuring the health and safety of yourself and others, including doing Risk Assessments where necessary.
* Experience working within an Industrial laboratory environment in the technical/mechanical sector.
* Experience working in a cleanliness controlled environment - with a blend of the following - would be desirable -
- Mechanical testing (Tensile, Compression, Bend tests etc)
- Metallography and use of Microscopes (including SEM)
- Chemical testing
- Thermal Analysis (DSC & DMA)
- Thermo-Opticals (Absorptance & Emissivity)
* Demonstrable team working skills, communication and presentation capability.
* Good planning and organisational skills to ensure meeting deadlines.
* Ability to perform under pressure and meet project demands.
* Flexible and proactive approach to work and is prepared to work at other Airbus sites.
* PC literate, report and specification writing, database maintenance and spreadsheets
* Fluent in written and spoken communication
Education & Training
* Degree in a Material Science, Chemistry, Physics or similar.
All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to a minimum of BPSS level.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.