Sitec has a requirement for a Materials and Processes Engineer working for our client based in Bristol. This is a contract role for an estimated 10 months and the max rate of pay is up to £30.00 p/hr
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE - MATERIALS AND PROCESSES ENGINEER
* Manage and coordinate Thermoset Material Qualifications resulting from design, process or other changes.
* Manage Test Plan, Data Analysis, Report & Compliance as well as regular reporting and adherence to KPI's and securing necessary budgets in conjunction with Sub Domain Integrator.
* Work closely and develop relationships with the Thermoset Material supply chain to facilitate material qualification and the development of new materials, ensuring key requirements are communicated and understood.
* Provide support to the ESCMC Thermoset Material Commodity Sourcing Group (CSG) Focal Point in order to drive cost savings to support business targets and procurement strategy. Provide CSG Focal Point with monthly consolidated qualification status update.
* Active participation in ESCMC2 Technology Team SQCDP meetings, this will include weekly telephone conferences and occasional transnational face to face team meetings.
* The job holder is responsible and accountable for the technical management and coordination of Material Qualification for Thermoset Prepreg Materials.
* The job holder is expected to capture new needs and requirements coming from programmes and stakeholder functions and ensure the continual alignment and orientation of the ESCMC sub domain in terms of research, development and qualification activities with its customer's needs. The job holder is accountable for technical decisions based on the performance of Thermoset Materials in front of the programmes and other customers on behalf of the M&P Composite Technical Authority.
* The job holder is expected to support the Wing of Tomorrow project by analyzing material screening test results from three different manufacturers material options.
* Educated to degree level ideally in Material Science based subject
* Fully conversant with digital technology
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.