Sitec has an interesting requirement for a Materials and Development Technician for our client Caterpillar/ Perkins. This is a contract position for an estimated 12 months.
The max rate of pay is up to £12.00 p/hr PAYE and the role is based in Peterborough.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE/ JOB PURPOSE:
The Materials and Development Technician will assist engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future product, working on mechanical or electronic fuel systems to validate for performance and durability. Investigations and tests will be in a clean laboratory environment.
The Materials and Development Technician will be expected to have direct contact with components working in the lab and with test rigs; observing, operating and testing the product or component, together with recording of various test data measurement points. A practical mechanical engineering background, ideally apprentice trained, is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be required to set up various tests on either a bench or test rig, following procedures and schematics for fluid flow and measurement with flow meters and pressure transducers. This test work could be on a specific component, the low pressure fuel system or the high pressure system. The type and variety of investigative work is a rewarding role for the technician, who will work directly for the internal customer to resolve issues or validate components and systems.
- With guidance from engineers on evaluation objectives, procedures will be defined to achieve those objectives, the incumbent undertakes instructions necessary to complete evaluations.
- Operates test equipment and conducts investigation as directed by engineer to obtain, analyse and summarise data.
- Records evaluation results in appropriate form (curves, charts, tables, sketches, photographs) with the appropriate tools (hardcopy, software, etc.) to engineer for inclusion in technical reports.
- Preferred but not essential attribute would be to have experience of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience working in a Laboratory environment desirable
- Depending on experience and demonstrated skills, may handle limited objective, moderately complex jobs without engineer's guidance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.