Sitec has a requirement for a Material Planning Analyst for our client Caterpillar, based in Desford, Leicester.
This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months.
The Material Planning Analyst collaborates with suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules, and resolves issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production. The incumbent works with the facility production schedulers and operations personnel to support facility production and point of use material availability.
The successful candidate will ensure alignment of facility inventory accuracy and inventory systems planning parameters with the plan for every part to maintain planning integrity.
* Incumbent ensures the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans. Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborates with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production.
* Actively collaborates with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues. This work may require planning for alternate manufacturing methods, and requires the ability to communicate effectively across multiple functions both in- and outside of the company.
* This position analyzes established parts schedules and production requirements, converting requirements into appropriate piece parts, requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels and issuing work orders. Works closely with facility supply chain planning resources to proactively address material requirements changes resulting from new product introduction and engineering / product change control. Analyzes engineering releases for changes and/or new releases and coordinates effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items.
* Incumbent manages and performs supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components. This position actively works with facility supply chain performance resources to implement supplier improvements based on supplier performance metrics.
* Incumbent performs work to improve point of use material availability, and may provide leadership and guidance to teams applying root cause analysis and corrective actions to improve material availability and point of use availability. Provides Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning, and actively supports facility Sales and Operations Planning.
Minimal Travel Required
* Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
* CPS Functional Job Role Qualified
* APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification highly desired
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* College or university degree related to Supply Chain, or equivalent experience, is required.
* Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
* Understanding of company policies and procedures
* General product knowledge
* Significant knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
* Ability to use and troubleshoot the MRP, Lognet and MTS systems
* Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics desired
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.