Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Material Planning Analyst, for our client Caterpillar Perkins, at their site in Wolverhampton. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially. The hourly rate will be dependant on experience.
Location: Wolverhampton, UK
Department: Supply Chain
Job Title: Material Planning Analyst 1
The Material Planner collaborates with suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules, and resolves issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production. The planner works with the facility production schedulers and operations personnel to support facility production and point of use material availability. Ensures alignment of facility inventory accuracy and inventory systems planning parameters with the plan for every part to maintain planning integrity.
The Material Planner ensures the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans. Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborates with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production.
Actively collaborates with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues.
This position analyses established parts schedules and production requirements, converting requirements into appropriate pieces parts, requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels and issuing work orders. Analyses engineering releases for change and / or new releases and coordinates effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items.
The Material Planner manages and performs supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components. This position supports supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
The Material Planner performs work to improve point of use material availability, applying root cause analysis and corrective actions. Provides Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning.
Minimal Travel Required.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Purchasing and Supply Chain experience is required
* Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
* Understanding of company policies and procedures
* General product knowledge
* Receive Inventory into system for Transmission Product
* Perform Annual Inventory Count in Belgium
* Manage Supplier Invoice Disputes
* Chase Customers for POD's
* Any admin duties deemed relevant to the job role
* General knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
* Ability to use and troubleshoot the MRP, Lognet and QAD (MFGPro) systems
* Knowledge and / or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, operations and transportation or logistics desired
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.