Sitec has a requirement for an Material Planning Analyst for our client Caterpillar. This is a temporary role for an estimated 10 months and will be based in Irlam, Manchester.
Industrial Power Systems Division is a Global supplier of world class engines with a leading aftermarket parts business supporting customers worldwide. The Perkins Branded Aftermarket business is a dynamic, growing business and as a result there is an exciting opportunity to join the team as a Material Control Specialist playing a vital role in the Perkins Supply Chain Operations based in Irlam, Manchester.
Reporting to a Material control Supervisor you will be responsible for;
* Supporting process changes as a result of the deployment of the IPSD Aftermarket Strategy.
* You will be a team member along with other Inbound Material Controllers managing schedules and expectations
* You will interact and manage key relationships with a network of worldwide suppliers, monitoring their performance and identifying improvements.
* You will have responsibility for the delivery of KPI's such as: Fill, Inventory, Backorder Value, Promise Coverage, Promise Quality, and Aged Backorders etc for your assigned suppliers
* You will ensure procedures are adhered to, to ensure ISO9000 accreditation.
* You will create and deliver action plans to improve service and metrics
* You will be responsible for providing quality delivery information to support in excess of 1000 global distributors and dealers in the Perkins aftermarket
Qualifications - Internal
Skills and Experience:
* Applicants will have a good level of Supply Chain Control Planning experience gained within either a Third Party Logistics (3PL) Operation, Client Side Warehousing and Fulfilment Distribution Centre, or within a manufacturing environment.
* Strong analytical skills required, applicants must be comfortable in a data driven environment.
* Applicants will be self-motivated and possess interpersonal skills to manage supplier reviews
* Experience in Inventory Management and relevant systems are desired.
* Applicants must be able to live and commute into the Manchester area, you may also be required to travel - up to 10%.
* Excellent PC skills in: MS Excel (VBA), MS PowerPoint and MS Word are desired
* Knowledge of the Caterpillar Parts business desired
* Needs to be comfortable and effective working in a fast paced environment
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.