Sitec has a requirement for a Material Planning Analyst our client Caterpillar. This is a temporary role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Peterlee. The rate for this role is up to £13.75 PAYE.
Caterpillar Peterlee is the worldwide source of Cat® Articulated Trucks, currently producing a 6-model range used in many industries including mining, construction and aggregates. The facility's manufacturing activities use the latest computer analysis techniques, robotic technology and a state-of-the-art paint plant. Machines from the site are shipped to customers around the world.
As a Material Planning Analyst you will collaborate with suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules, and resolving issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production. You will work with the facility production schedulers and operations personnel to support facility production and point of use material availability. In this role you will ensure alignment of facility inventory accuracy and inventory systems, planning parameters with the plan for every part to maintain planning integrity.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Uses MRP and supplier collaboration technologies to collaborate with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production and regulate inventory levels.
* Ensures the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate delivery and shipping schedules to meet facility production plans.
* Actively collaborates with suppliers to resolve supplier delivery issues and improve point of use availability, identifying and applying root cause corrections actions where necessary.
* Supports supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
* Delivers improvements in point of use material availability
* Provides clear accurate communication, both verbal and written as appropriate, with all partners both internally and externally.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
* Strong material planning background
* Familiar with material planning systems and concepts
* Proven ability to schedule and expedite parts
* Self-motivated and able to operate within a team environment
* Strong communication skills
* Good numerical skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Good attention to detail
* Well organised and able to work to production deadlines
* Computer literate (in particular Excel)
* Understanding of company policies and procedures
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
* APICS or other Supply Chain qualification advantageous
* College or university degree, or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management
* Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.