Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Material Planning Analyst for our client Caterpillar in Shrewsbury. This is a permanent role.
Salary: £24,424.00 to £30,000.00
Benefits: 9% Bonus
26 Days Annual Leave
CAT Advantage Discount Website
Child Care Vouchers
As a Material Planning Analyst, you will collaborate with suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules, and resolves issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production. The incumbent works with the facility production schedulers and operations personnel to support facility production and point of use material availability.
You will ensure alignment of facility inventory accuracy and inventory systems planning parameters with the plan for every part to maintain planning integrity.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure timely delivery of materials to the facility
* Supplier collaboration to meet facility production plans
* Utilize root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues
* Analyze established parts schedules and production requirements
* Convert requirements into appropriate piece parts
* Requisition materials and regulate inventory levels
* Manage and perform supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components
* Support supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
* Deliver improvements in point of use material availability
* Provide Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning
* CIPS desired or willing to train.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* College or university degree, or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management or Industrial Engineering , or similar job related experience
* Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
* General knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
* Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.