Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Material Planning Analyst for our client Caterpillar, at their facility in Shrewsbury. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
The Material Planning Analyst will be involved in managing supply network procurement and material scheduling activities related activities for a facility to deliver procurement excellence and integration between Global Supply Network Division (GSND) and Supply Chain team supporting the local Facility.
The Material Planning Analyst will control demand from the Customer, material flow from receipt through to dispatch, responsible for liaising with each customer, material planning and Global Distribution Area teams to achieve maximum customer service, minimal air freight, optimised inventory and efficient material flow.
* Accountable for operating and monitoring the Global Supply Network procurement functions, as designed, to meet the defined response time, cost, quality and lean targets enabling optimal and efficient facility operations, collaborating with business partners and suppliers, and resolving facility specific supplier issues.
* Act as liaison with corresponding Category & Product Purchasing and Logistics professionals.
* Reporting directly to the Supply Network Supervisor and/or Supply Chain Manager and will be accountable for implementing the network as designed related to specific strategies from both Category & Product Supply at the Facility level to create a competitive advantage for our customers.
* Purchase Order Management - Provide expertise in the launching & management of purchase orders for a facility to in the terms of parts related to pilots, production, and supplier tooling ensuring terms are correct.
* Liaise with Suppliers to agree weekly material schedules to ensure continuity of supply and uninterrupted facility build.
* Work with Supplier material planners to understand supply chain capacity and capabilities in order to identify any continuity risks.
* Establish priority of material needs, expedite or de-expedite as demand schedule fluctuates and agree premium transportation as and when necessary.
* Manage inventory within their control and ensure that adequate steps are taken to burn off any surplus or obsolescence. Control firm periods and alignment to ensure MFGPro reflects current and true demand.
* Process any design changes (CI's) as required and work with satellite facilities to agree cut in dates
* Prepares and presents 'logistics' data monthly for metrics board.
The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership in recognizing the potential for cost and inventory reductions, and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
* Previous purchasing experience required
* Up to 3 years of job related experience
* Bachelor's degree - or equivalent experience required
* Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management preferred, e.g.; Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and Certified in Integration Resource Management (CIRM), or comparable international certification is preferred.
* Affiliation with Institute for Supply Management (ISM) and American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS), or comparable professional purchasing organization, preferred.
* Proficiency in English is required; Local site language preferred
* Previous 6 Sigma Greenbelt/Black Belt experience preferred
* Knowledge of Quality, Lean manufacturing, an understanding of lean principles is preferred
* Incumbent must have well-developed communication skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel (advanced) is essential
* Ideally - knowledge of Teamcentre IPI, Lotus Notes or MFG Pro is desirable
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.