Sitec are looking for 2 Material Planners for our client based in Desford, Leicestershire.
Ideally, our client is looking to take on an experienced Planner with experience within a manufacturing environment and with strong planning skills. However, the client might also look to take on a candidate at graduate level looking to grow within a planning position.
OVERVIEW AND ROLE PURPOSE
Caterpillar have been building world class machinery at their Desford manufacturing facility for over 60 years.
We are now for searching an experienced supply chain professional to fill the open position of Material Planner within the Materials Planning team based at Caterpillar in Desford, Leicestershire. This position will report to the Material Planning Supervisor.
Working within a Product focused team, the Material Planner has the following major responsibilities:-
* Ensure that material requirements are scheduled for delivery from suppliers in a quantity and on a date to support our service to customers
* Ensure that deliveries take place on the correct date, in the correct containers, in the quantity specified.
* Initiate, co-ordinate and participate in activities to ensure optimum inventory levels
* Manage and control inventory levels for outgoing parts
* Be involved with, as necessary, the scheduling and control of onward ship material
* Perform all tasks to CPS levels of performance
* Building Strategic Working Relationships
* Decision Making
* Initiating Action
* Planning & Organising
* Work Standards
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Experience required of more experienced candidates:-
* Previous experience of working with a Material Planning role or supply chain.
* Supplier Management Experience
* Excellent analytical skills
* Knowledge of MRP
* Excellent Interpersonal Skills
* Excellent Microsoft skills
* Self Motivated with Excellent Attention to detail.
* Experience within a Manufacturing environment
Candidates will be considered who may not possess material planning experience but that possess excellent MS Office skills, ideally with knowledge of pivot tables and knowledge of vlookup.
Personal competencies would include having a dynamic personality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.