Sitec has a requirement for our client, Perkins Engines, who are looking for a Material Planner to join the Customer Machine Engineering Team, within the Mechanical Systems section of the business. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and the successful candidate will be based in Peterborough.
The Material Planner will hold a key role in the new Customer Machine Engineering Team, within L5 Mechanical Systems, with responsibility to coordinate, plan & expedite engine-machine installation projects supporting business acquisition with strategic OEMs.
Working in a multi-discipline team, the successful applicant will combine technical, logistical, planning & communication skills to facilitate team project deliverables.
* Contribute to the creation of individual project plans.
* Link with internal & external team members to maintain & expedite planned activities, highlight risks & concerns, propose actions.
* Communicate project status & issues internally & externally
* Organise, track & expedite specific procurement activity
* Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
* Build relationships with key contacts
* Champion customer engagement and support
* Deliver to committed deadlines
* L5 Mechanical Systems Team
* CMET team
* Procurement partners
* Applications Engineers
* Account managers
* Team building
* Strong collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work across functions
* Problem-solving skills to solve common problems.
* Strong team player
* Basic manufacturing principles and product knowledge.
* College or university education, or equivalent experience in relevant discipline
* A background in Supply Chain, Manufacturing / Operations, Inventory Management, Material Requirements Planning, Demand Management and/or Logistics is desired.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.