Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Material Planner for our client Caterpillar in Desford, Leicestershire. This is a contract role, for an estimated 6 months initially.
The Supply Chain Team is responsible for inbound supply of Components that support over 200 Caterpillar manufacturing facilities and 1st Tier suppliers around Europe and to the Global Network. It supports key European facilities on daily pull replenishment as well as exporting to Europe, China, USA - managing over 10,000 part number references and 350 Suppliers. The team supports many facilities on NPI projects and form a key integral part of Caterpillar logistics flows in all aspects of the business.
As a Material Planner you will control production and inventory control activities of selected items, to achieve maximum customer service, minimum inventory investment and efficient material flow.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinating NPI programs and new part releases with customers and process partners.
* Validating requirements and collaborating with customers.
* Collaborating schedule placement with sources.
* Expediting with sources and coordinating with process partners on critical material shortages.
* De-expediting with sources following requirement reductions and removals.
* Coordinating engineering change level and RSSM processes with process partners.
The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the
Skills, experience & qualifications the Material Planner MUST have;
* Internal candidates must have satisfactorily completed a minimum of one years' service in their current position to apply for another role, or have obtained, in
writing, authorisation from their manager to waive this requirement. Candidates should always inform their manager prior to applying for any new role.
* Internal candidates must not have any live disciplinaries or be on a performance action plan
* Previous experience of working with a Supply Chain role or job relevant experience
* Advanced Excel skills
* Intermediate Access skills
* Excellent Interpersonal Skills
* Self Motivated with Excellent Attention to detail
* Requires problem-solving skills to Root Cause Corrective Action and solve common problems
Skills, experience & qualifications the Material Planner MAY have;
* French speaking
* Knowledge on Glovia
* 6 Sigma Green belt
* Experience within a Manufacturing environment
* Understanding of manufacturing and operations standard processes and basic product knowledge
* Experience with LEAN methodology
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.