Sitec has a requirement for a Material Control Specialist (Planner) for our client based in Irlam, Manchester. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months. The max pay rate is between £11 and £16.00 p/hr PAYE dependant on experience.
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs.
Client department overview:
Industrial Power Systems Division is a Global supplier of world class engines with a leading aftermarket parts business supporting customers worldwide. The Aftermarket business is a dynamic, growing business and as a result there is an exciting opportunity to become part of the IPSD Supply Chain as a Material Control Specialist, contributing to the Division's business and long term leadership position.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-starting, individual to join a team of Material Controllers who manage IPSD Aftermarket supply into Irlam. You will need to be analytical and have excellent interpersonal skills. You will join a team of Material Planners responsible for delivering IPSD KPI's such as Fill, Inventory, Backorder Value, Promise Coverage, Promise Quality, aged Backorders etc.
This is a position in a fast paced environment. Your team will be one of two, responsible for all the Material Control supporting a $266m worldwide aftermarket, with over 800,000 shipping lines, 98,000 receipt lines spanning over circa 400 different worldwide suppliers with an annual spend of over $123m.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
* Delivery of IPSD KPI's such as Fill, Inventory, Backorder Value, Promise Coverage, Promise Quality, aged Backorders etc
* Have personal responsibility for a portfolio of suppliers
* Ensure procedures are adhered to, to ensure ISO9000 accreditation.
* Create and deliver action plans to improve service/metrics
* Interacting and managing relationships with a network of Worldwide suppliers, monitoring their performance and identifying improvement actions.
Qualifications / Skills / experience required:
* No formal qualifications are necessary, however at least 3 years Material Control/Inbound Logistics experience is necessary.
* Strong analytical skills required
* Must be comfortable in a data driven environment
* Have strong interpersonal skills enabkling you to hold supplier performance reviews and interact with all levels of Management.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience desired:
* Experience of 6 Sigma would be advantageous
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.