Sitec has a requirement for a Material Planner for our client Caterpillar. This role is a contract position for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Desford, Leicestershire.
The max rate of pay will be up to £20.00 p/hr LTD Company (dependent on experience)
The Inbound Supply Excellence team is responsible for ensuring externally sourced material is ordered and available on time at the point of use, to support engine assembly and component machining operations, whilst utilising Plan For Every Part (PFEP) data to optimise component inventory levels.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an NPI (New Product Introduction) Material Planner to join our team and gain valuable experience of the Supply Chain function within our business.
The responsibilities of this role include;
* Manage the Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) system parameters and issue component schedules to suppliers
* Interpret requirements planning demand needs and develop production/supplier firm and planned orders to satisfy master schedule
* Establish priority of material requirements, schedules and orders to suppliers and the factory
* Liaise with external suppliers to provide material input information
* Maintain excellent relationships with suppliers to ensure continuity of materials
* Manage Supplier Performance and report key metrics, utilising the Material Requirement Collaboration (MRC) Tool
* Utilise PFEP to control inventory to optimal levels. Accountable for the inventory within his/her control and ensures that adequate steps are taken to maintain continuity of supply.
* Represent the Supply Chain at internal Stakeholder Meetings
* Responsible for achieving objectives and business goals such as those related to inventory turns, external Supplier Delivery Performance, obsolete and surplus material disposition, lot sizes, etc.
Skills & Experience you will have;
* Previous Supply Chain experience
* External facing experience with suppliers or customers
* Effective communication skills and sound judgment and be able to work in a team structure
* Proven problem solving and analytical skills are important in order to identify needs, analyse potential alternatives and provide suitable solutions
Skills & Experience you may have;
* MRP systems (i.e. MFG Pro, SAP etc) knowledge
* MCIPS qualified or working towards
* Previous Material Planning experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.