itec has a requirement for a Material Planner for our clients site in Desford. This is a contract position for 6 months, although could potentially be extended.
The max pay rate of £17.50 p/hr LTD Company applies.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
For more than 80 years, Caterpillar has designed and implemented the world-class supply chain solutions that have helped make it the company it is today. Caterpillar Logistics Services was established in 1987 to bring the same supply chain know-how to other companies and decision makers.
Today, Caterpillar Logistics provides fully integrated supply chain solutions incorporating information technology, warehouse management, transportation management, inventory management and product support. Cat Logistics have operations based in Leicester, Peterborough, Peterlee and Larne, Northern Ireland.
The Supply Chain Team is responsible for inbound supply of Components managing over 10,000 part number references and 350 Suppliers that support over 200 Caterpillar manufacturing facilities and 1st Tier suppliers around Europe and to the Global Network. It supports key European facilities on daily pull replenishment as well as exporting to Europe, China, USA. The team supports many facilities on NPI projects and form a key integral part of Caterpillar Logistics flows in all aspects of the business.
As a Material Planner you will control production and inventory control activities of selected components and suppliers, to achieve maximum customer service, minimum inventory investment and efficient material flow.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinate and execute scheduling activities for assigned parts/suppliers using ERP and online collaboration systems to ensure that they correctly reflect requirements to meet immediate and future production demands
* Work weekly exception messages for required changes to existing schedules
* Assure supply of components to meet the production or shipment schedule and/or safety stock levels, pro-actively identifying, escalating and addressing risks to production requirements
* De-expediting with suppliers following requirement reductions
* Maintain shortage sheets for daily pull replenishment and export customers
* Supporting New Product Introduction and Engineering changes
* Negotiate with supplier, the finance for "premium freight" to ensure costs are kept to an absolute minimum, whilst maintaining material availability
* Assist Operations and Accounts departments in resolution invoice grief caused by material shortages/overages
* Develop and maintain supplier relationships
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
* Previous experience of working with a Supply Chain role or job relevant experience (e.g. supplier or customer management; inventory control; cross-level and cross-functional communication; experience in a manufacturing environment)
* Supplier relationship experience is highly desirable
* Intermediate Excel
* Excellent Interpersonal Skills
* Self Motivated with Excellent Attention to detail
* Strong team player
* Requires problem-solving skills to Root Cause Corrective Action and solve common problems
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
* Knowledge on Glovia
* 6 Sigma Green belt
* Experience within a Manufacturing environment
* Understanding of manufacturing and operations standard processes and basic product knowledge
* Experience with LEAN methodology
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.