Sitec has a requirement for a Material Planner for our client Caterpillar. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Desford.
For more than 80 years, Caterpillar has designed and implemented the world-class supply chain solutions that have helped make Cat the legend it is today. Caterpillar Logistics Services was established in 1987, bringing the same supply chain know-how to other companies and decision makers. Today Cat Logistics provides fully integrated supply chain solutions that incorporate information technology, warehouse management, transportation management, inventory management and product support.
Global Supply Network Division, which is part of the Caterpillar Enterprise Systems Group, supports its customers - Caterpillar's production facilities - by providing world-class manufacturing logistic supply chain solutions.
Summary: The Material Planner will be responsible for resolving issues and follow-up on purchase orders, and resolve allocated grief issues.
The position will most likely be part of the Outbound Material Planning team.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities of the Material Planner:
* Resolving all grief issues.
* Determining necessary action needed to successfully correct the problem.
* Making numerous contacts by phone, fax or email, to all parties involved in order to enter shipments and final receipts.
* Following up on orders not received per customers request.
* Communicating with customer regarding status of order.
* Performing order revisions as necessary, including price adjustments, changing/adding schedules, opening/closing purchase orders, etc.
* Analyzing and confirming the correctness of customer orders.
* Performing the setup of new supplier and customer information.
* Analyzing sources, verifying, and processing orders.
* Serving as a specialist within the group and providing interpretation and problem solving advice to others inside and outside of the department.
Skills and Experience Required
* Previous experience of working within a customer facing role.
* Supplier and/or customer Management Experience
* Excellent Interpersonal Skills
* Excellent Microsoft skills
* Self Motivated with Excellent Attention to detail
* Excellent time keeping
* Experience within a Manufacturing environment
* Knowledge on Glovia
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.