Sitec has a requirement for a Material Planner (Outbound) for our client based in Desford, Leicester.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and the max pay rate is between £16-18.50 p/hr LTD Company dependent on experience.
OVERVIEW AND ROLE PURPOSE
For more than 80 years, Caterpillar has designed and implemented the world-class supply chain solutions that have helped make Cat the legend it is today. Caterpillar Logistics Services was established in 1987, bringing the same supply chain know-how to other companies and decision makers. Today Caterpillar Logistics provides fully integrated supply chain solutions that incorporate information technology, warehouse management, transportation management, inventory management and product support.
UKLC (UK Logistics Centre), which is part of PSLD (Product Support & Logistics Division), supports its global customers - Caterpillar's production facilities and 1st tier Suppliers - by providing world-class manufacturing logistic supply chain solutions.
We have a position within the UK Logistics centre based at Caterpillar in Desford, Leicestershire. This position will report to the Outbound Material Planning Supervisor.
Working within a Product focused team, the Outbound Material Planner has the following major responsibilities:-
* Receive and analyse customer demand forecast and prepare weekly Excel upload files for our MRP.
* Collaborate with customers to support their schedule change requests via phone, email and using our on-line web based tool - ILC Quote.
* Create & progress shipment files ensuring they are scheduled to be picked & packed by the operations team in a quantity and on a date to meet our customer requirements. Collaborate any shortages or changes with the customer prior to shipping.
* Create shipment packing lists & liaise with accounts for invoicing.
* Liaise with our transport providers to schedule collections in line with customer shipment dates including urgent AIR freight.
* Ensure that shipments take place on the correct date, in the correct containers, in the quantity specified with accurate supporting documentation (packing lists & invoices).
* Liaise with the Inventory team and support activities to ensure optimum inventory levels.
* Perform all tasks to CPS levels of performance.
* Building Strategic Working Relationships
* Decision Making
* Initiating Action
* Planning & Organising
* Work Standards
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Previous experience of working with a Customer Services or Material Planning role.
* Excellent Interpersonal skills.
* Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
* Self Motivated with Excellent Attention to detail.
* Experience within a Manufacturing environment
* Knowledge on Glovia
* Language Skills
* Experience in Microsoft Access
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.