Sitec has a requirement for a Material Planner - for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Desford, Leicestershire.
Please note that the pay rate for this role is up to £17.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Caterpillar have been building world class machinery at their Desford manufacturing facility for over 60 years. They are now looking for an experienced supply chain professional to fill the open position of Material Planner within the Materials Planning team based at Caterpillar in Desford, Leicestershire.
This position will report to the Material Planning Supervisor.
Working within a Product focused team, the Material Planner has the following major responsibilities:-
* Ensure that material requirements are scheduled for delivery from suppliers in a quantity and on a date to support our service to customers
* Ensure that deliveries take place on the correct date, in the correct containers, in the quantity specified.
* Initiate, co-ordinate and participate in activities to ensure optimum inventory levelS
* Manage and control inventory levels for outgoing parts
* Be involved with, as necessary, the scheduling and control of onward ship material
* Perform all tasks to CPS levels of performance
* Building Strategic Working Relationships
* Decision Making
* Initiating Action
* Planning & Organising
* Work Standards
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Previous experience of working with a Material Planning role or supply chain.
* Supplier Management Experience
* Knowledge of MRP
* Excellent Interpersonal Skills
* Excellent Microsoft skills
* Self Motivated with Excellent Attention to detail.
* Experience within a Manufacturing environment.
£17.00 p/hr LTD Company
£12.83 p/hr PAYE
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.