Sitec are recruiting for our client - Caterpillar - for a Material Planner to work at their offices in Desford, Leicestershire. This is a contract role, initially for 6 months.
POSITION Material Planner
DURATION Est. 6 months
LOCATION CAT Desford, Leicestershire
Working within the Commodity Team, is responsible for ensuring material is delivered from suppliers in line with our delivery schedules.
These may be daily, manual or monthly schedules dependent on the nature of the component or requirement.
* Make regular contact with suppliers primarily via telephone and fax expediting production material identified on the "delivery schedules". Contact is not limited to the above as visits to the suppliers will be necessary.
* Required to work closely with U.K. and foreign suppliers, manufacturing, Inventory and Traffic communicating at all levels thus maintaining vital contact and minimising problems affecting deliveries. To be accountable for agreeing air freight charges.
* Work closely with various departments within plant (e.g. ENGINEERING, Receiving, Supplier and Product Quality, Accounts etc.) to identify and solve problems affecting delivery.
* Will be involved with developing in the use of E.D.I. and J.I.T. visiting suppliers when necessary to discuss all aspects relating to deliveries.
* Report daily on production line shortages through leading short sheet meetings, identifying critical areas needing attention and taking the appropriate action when necessary.
* Update schedules which includes such activities as, booking in of receipts, raising revisions and new orders, processing rejects and manual changes when necessary to ensure supplier schedules are accurate. Working with some supplier schedules which require assistance from Caterpillar for procurement of approved material. Close co-ordination of high value components to support specific build sequence. Calculate and produce monthly statistics identifying individual suppliers performance.
* Work within various teams to improve in Plant efficiencies which will include establishing RSSM control and Inventory turns through recommendations on material handling times and order quantities.
* Good level of education.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Extensive knowledge of Caterpillar systems.
* Thorough understanding of product.
* Good understanding of export packaging systems and procedures.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.