Sitec has 2 urgent requirements for Material Planners for our client Perkins Engines. These are contract roles for an estimated 6 months and the role will be based in Peterborough
Ongoing NPI projects are at a key phase of the development programmes where significant quantities and variations of prototype material are required to support test work in ERDC and in the field. This material needs tracking and monitoring, ensuring that accurate information is available to the Validation and Programme team such that key decisions can be made in a timely and accurate manner.
Material ordering also has to be managed against an evolving design as development learning is achieved and the design evolved to a production intent level. These changes need to be tracked and communicated to the relevant logistics team for procurement activities.
Required Skills and Experience:
The successful candidates will be responsible for to procurement and tracking of material for prototype material within factory.
* Working knowledge of MS Office
* Experience of database interrogation
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal for effective team work
* Self-starting and attention to detail
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Experience of Teamcentre
* Experience of material tracking in prototype or production environments
* Awareness of engine development
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.