Sitec has a requirement for a Material Coordinator for our client Caterpillar, based in Desford, Leicester.
This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months and the max rate of pay will be between £17-19.00 p/hr LTD Company.
The Material Coordinator will perform analytical tasks of MPRII system in support of MPS and forecast for all the products HEX, TTT, MG and Paving to procure materials and follow up on delivery to assure production running; independently manage CAT internal suppliers, manage jointly with Global Purchasing the external suppliers by developing delivery performance metrics, packaging requirement metrics; track and control component inventory level through managing lot size quantity, lead time, buffer size to meet annual inventory turns goals.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
* Responsible and accountable for the analysis and maintenance of material planning data, cost for CAT internal suppliers, handling payment related discrepancies
* Source study and implementation to support NPI project
* Implement engineering changes on the purchased parts and handle effectiveness the phase in and out
* Track and monitor supplier delivery performance and set up communication plan with supplier to drive delivery performance and quality improvement
* Track the timely delivery and expedite the parts shortage with suppliers
* Forecast and communicate parts shortage status with manufacturing, analyze root cause of shortages
* Responsible for inventory control at component level by set up min/max inventory, reasonable lead time, safety stock, lot size days and ordering qty
* Review stock level regularly to identify the gap and implement solutions
* Provide first-hand information to GP of supplier performance for the improvement
* Manage the below-buy-level parts forecast and purchase for local suppliers through standardized forecast, purchasing and distribution process to support parts localization and running production.
* The position requires a bachelor's degree from a college or university - or equivalent experience
* Intermediate to advanced skill in use of computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, e-mail systems is preferred.
* Required knowledge and application on MRPII/SAP system
* Requires effective communications skills in both written and oral.
* Must exhibit good interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style
* Required to be able to prioritize work in a dynamic environment.
* Required knowledge on basic procurement and quality principles, procedures, and techniques
* Required to accept responsibility and produce highest productivity and quality work, maintain the highest ethical and professional standards within supply chain organization.
* Required to highly focus on customers' needs through identify and satisfy Critical Customer Requirement (CCR), provide services to have alignment with goals by determining the best course of action to ensure customers are fully informed and meet with goals.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.