Sitec has a requirement for a Material Coordinator for our client - Perkins Engines.
This is a contract role, for an estimated 6 months and will be based at our clients site in Peterborough. The rate on offer is up to £20.00 p/hr (Dependent on experience)
Ongoing NPI projects are at a key phase of the development programmes where significant quantities and variations of prototype material are required to support test work in ERDC and in the field. This material needs tracking and monitoring, ensuring that accurate information is available to the Validation and Programme team such that key decisions can be made in a timely and accurate manner.
Material ordering is also having to be managed against an evolving design as development learning is achieved and the design evolved to a production intent level. These changes need to be tracked and communicated to the relevant logistics team for procurement activities.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Working knowledge of MS Office
* Experience of database interrogation
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal for effective team work
* Self-starting and attention to detail
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Experience of Teamcentre
* Experience of material tracking in prototype or production environments
* Awareness of engine development
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.