Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Market Analytics Technical Specialist for our client Caterpillar in Peterborough. This is a permanent role and the salary is between £48,000.00 to £53,000.00 (dependent on experience).
Salary: £48,000 - £53,000 (depending on depth of experience)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, car cash allowance, excellent bonus, contributory pension
scheme, contributory share scheme
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Relocation assistance/ Visa / Sponsorship is not provided for this position
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs.
Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD) is a Global supplier of world class engines with a leading aftermarket parts business supporting customers worldwide.
Reporting to the Aftermarket Commercial Manager, this is a unique opportunity for someone to join the dynamic and rapidly changing aftermarket environment during a period of growth.
As the Market Analytics Technical Specialist you will provide hands-on technical leadership and collaborate across the Perkins organisation to develop data analytics strategies and methodologies to provide market, competitor, product and commercial insights to drive aftermarket business growth. Growing the Perkins aftermarket is a critical part of our InLine 6 Strategy and 2020 growth plan.
Job Duties/Responsibilities will include;
* Developing, implementing and maintaining a data analytics road map that identifies opportunities and insight to grow the Perkins aftermarket business
* Coaching and developing other analysts to become recognised and highly valued divisional experts in aftermarket data analytics
* Development and maintenance of engine lifecycle and population models to
* gain understanding of aftermarket opportunity, size, location and content
* Statistical and bottom up forecasting of parts sales
* Sales reporting, insights and gap (opportunity) analysis including CRM process
* and data ownership and KPI reporting
* Capture and analysis of market and competitor insights and intelligence
* Creation and implementation of an aftermarket data strategy
* Integration of new technologies to gain insight into machine and engine usage
* Collaborating with functional experts from Finance, Product Management,
* Data Analytics, Pricing, Marketing and Sales to build confidence and validate
* team insights and recommendations
* Engaging with, and presenting data to, senior internal and external
* stakeholders to align the organisation and prioritisation of activities to support growth plans
Qualifications - External
We are looking for candidates who have gained the following skills and experience through previous market analytics experience;
* A highly numerate degree (preferably in statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar field)
* Progressive professional experience which utilises quantitative analytical techniques to solve business problems
* A strong focus on continual learning in the Analytics field
* Sound knowledge in the use and application of Data Analytics software solutions for statistics and data visualisation. Commonly used tools in this role will include: R, Python, Java, Alteryx, tableau, DIAdem & MatLab). The ability to develop, code & maintain analytics tools and train others in these skills is highly desirable
* A broad business understanding with the aptitude to turn disconnected data sets into tangible commercial opportunities
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the ability to influence and resolve differences
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.