Sitec currently have a requirement for a Manufacturing Technician to join our client based in Newport, Gwent. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £22p/hr Ltd.
The role requires a person with extensive experience of electronic equipment assembly, test, diagnosis and repair. The person must be capable of working on complex prototype, pre-production and production electronic equipment and be capable of carrying our surface mount repair work to PCB's
Survey, test and repair a variety of communication products in accordance with test procedures.
Build, test and repair of complex low volume communication products, in accordance with existing assembly and test procedures.
Maintain and develop product assembly and test capability by identifying potential process improvements and contributing to their implementation.
To ensure cost, time and quality targets are achieved for allocated tasks.
Build, survey, test, repair and maintain complex equipment.
Control the security of these products whilst ensuring records and databases are kept up to date.
Ensure PCB's are repaired to IPC standards.
Carry out Manufacturability analysis and formal feedback to design engineering.
Manage stock of components to support workload.
- Results driven with experience in diagnostic fault finding down to component level on complex communication products with a desire to improve products and the processes used to build/test.
- Must be capable of building trustworthy relationships with internal customer, sub-contractor and peers.
- Have knowledge of the cost of quality and providing value and recommendations to improve the quality of outgoing products.
- Hands on experience of applicable assembly, test and diagnosis techniques for complex electronic assemblies.
Knowledge of low volume highly complex communication products.
- Must be able to co-ordinate and lead the activities necessary to ensure that products are built, repaired and tested efficiently.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.