Sitec has a requirement for a Manufacturing Technician for our client - Caterpillar. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months, with the role being based in Peterborough
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Caterpillar's Manufacturing Technicians work independently and on teams to perform tactical duties to maintain and improve manufacturing engineering processes in an operations environment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Facility Layout
- Work Standards and Standard Work
- Manufacturing Releasing
- Facility Engineering
- Heat Treat Engineering, NC Programming
- Tool Design
- Acquisition of Tools and Equipment
- Material Composition
- Powder Metallurgy
- Automated Storage Systems
The Manufacturing Technician must acquire and maintain current knowledge of technological advances in processing, material composition, automation of material movement and /or machine capability. This knowledge is used to provide input into project assignments and solve common manufacturing process problems.
Manufacturing Technicians provide input to capital improvement decisions and help develop systems tools to improve processes.
Qualifications - External
- College or university degree in a manufacturing engineering-related discipline or successful completion of relevant processing assignments
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge of engineering, manufacturing and/or maintenance standards and manufacturing systems
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work with diverse teams of employees and customers
- Good computer skills and knowledge of common software packages.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing engineering position
- Prior experience working in a machining, assembly, fabrication, heat treat processing, metallurgy and/or materials systems position
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.