Sitec has an exciting requirement for a Manufacturing Technician for our client based in Newport. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and the max rate is up to £28.00 p/hr (but dependent on experience).
The role requires a person with extensive experience of electronic equipment assembly, test, diagnosis and repair. The person must be capable of working on complex prototype, pre-production and production electronic equipment and be capable of carrying our surface mount repair work to PCB's
* Survey, test and repair a variety of communication products in accordance with test procedures.
* Build, test and repair of complex low volume communication products, in accordance with existing assembly and test procedures.
* Maintain and develop product assembly and test capability by identifying potential process improvements and contributing to their implementation.
* Main Activities
* To ensure cost, time and quality targets are achieved for allocated tasks.
* Build, survey, test, repair and maintain complex equipment.
* Control the security of these products whilst ensuring records and databases are kept up to date.
* Ensure PCB's are repaired to IPC standards.
* Carry out Manufacturability analysis and formal feedback to design engineering.
* Manage stock of components to support workload.
Self-Motivated, results driven with experience in diagnostic fault finding down to component level on complex communication products with a desire to improve products and the processes used to build/test.
Potential candidates must have knowledge/experience of:
* Must be capable of building trustworthy relationships with internal customer, sub-contractor and peers.
* Have knowledge of the cost of quality and providing value and recommendations to improve the quality of outgoing products.
* Hands on experience of applicable assembly, test and diagnosis techniques for complex electronic assemblies.
* Knowledge of low volume highly complex communication products.
* Must be able to co-ordinate and lead the activities necessary to ensure that products are built, repaired and tested efficiently.
* Must be qualified to A-level/BTEC Level 3 in STEM subjects, or equivalent vocational qualifications
Successful applicants for this role must be able to obtain an SC level clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.