Sitec has a requirement for a Manufacturing Process Engineer for our client within the Aerospace industry. This is a contract position, for an estimated 6 months initially and will be based in Stevenage. The max rate of pay is up to £22.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Please note a 20% shift uplift also applies (see below)
Reporting to the AIT Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Process Engineer will provide Engineering support to the Process team based on robust processes and procedures, for the production of fully integrated Satellite Telecoms and ENS Products. There will be involvement in the local Technical Process / Process Improvement and R & D Initiatives.
JOB PROFILE/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support Process Owner team during engineering preparation.
* Support to Product Lead Engineers in periods of high workload.
* Support process owners with Non Conformance resolution and operational activities.
* Support quality reviews and Root Cause Analysis as required.
* Support the generation of standard documentation in line with scheduled needs.
* Support in the production of deviation plans / re-work instructions based on project requirements and identify parts / tooling required to carry them out.
* Act as the Project Safety Engineer and lead critical handling activities.
* Review documentation and conduct safety reviews to support critical handling activities.
* Support the use of MGSE and Tooling and ensure availability in line with schedule.
* Ensure maintenance of MGSE documentation throughout the product lifecycle (Chain of Custody forms and Log Books etc).
* Execute the shipping process, co-ordination with logistics and operations, and creation of transfer tasks (With support from the Process Owners).
Non Project related tasks
* Design of day to day operational tooling / manufacturing aids for manufacture execution
* Support to R&D (RDWR process execution)
* Training module creation, maintenance & Delivery. (Support to process owner / Operations).
* Responsible for ensuring that working modes and processes are standardised, optimised, current & monitored.
* Support new process implementation, undertake process improvement and maintenance and monitor process implementation in operations.
* Good understanding and detailed experience of all types of mechanical systems. Including but not limited to:-
* Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
* Mechanical processes including detailed assembly and fitting.
* Mechanical handling equipment.
* High mechanical skills and relevant experience.
* Procedures and process control.
* Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
* Experience in writing engineering documents.
* High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
* Good problem solving skills (technical, logistics and organisational).
* Good planning skills and process competence, (MRP system experience an advantage).
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Good time management.
* Previous experience of telecoms payload builds is a distinct advantage
* Experience of Lean engineering
* Clean room experience
* Aerospace experience
* Mechanical design / validation / experience
* FMEA Experience
* Knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies
* Knowledge of Health and Safety principles and their application to the specific environment
* Rudimentary understanding of RF properties and associated risks.
Education & Training
* Minimum of HNC level in a Mechanical discipline. A lesser qualification is acceptable if a high level of similar industry experience can be demonstrated.
Ideally, candidates will have flexibility to work offsite (UK and abroad) for undefined periods at short notice.
Weekly rotating early (6/2) and late (2/10) shifts following initial training of 6 - 8 weeks
The successful candidate will be able to support out of normal hours work using the "on call" rota process at weekends
All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to a minimum of BPSS level.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.