Sitec has an exciting opportunity for an Manufacturing Process Engineer for our client Perkins Engines, at their site in Peterborough. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
Job Title: Manufacturing Process Engineer
ROLE PURPOSE AND OVERVIEW:
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading
manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for
generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
A position has become available for a Manufacturing Process Engineer at the Stafford facility. The
Manufacturing Process Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain
and improve current processes and systems used in manufacturing large engines. In addition, the
Manufacturing Process Engineer will react to process demands to ensure Perkins customers receive a
reliable product on time.
* Evaluate projects and prepare feasibility studies on current manufacturing processes to define
desired results, assess value added proposition and determine project plans.
* Analyse, provide specifications and perform acquisition for new or replacement manufacturing
equipment to improve current manufacturing processes.
* Improving existing manufacturing operations, incorporating new methods, new technologies and
modern manufacturing processes
* Drive change to current processes to improve quality and velocity through the use of lean
* Preparing manufacturing documentation required for product manufacture.
* Analyse requirements and make recommendations for facility systems, processes, equipment
needs, and engineering product designs.
* Drive out waste from the current processes through lean manufacturing tools and techniques
* Complete both specialised and broad-based assignments / projects which may require
collaboration and integration with other functions
As the successful candidate you will be a champion for Manufacturing Engineering process adherence
and project structure. You will adhere to the APQP process for process changes and new equipment
introduction and play a key role in New Product Introduction implementation for Manufacturing
Essential skills / experience:
* Previous experience in a technical Manufacturing related role
* Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
* Previous experience of using lean manufacturing tools and techniques
* Forward thinking, innovative approach to process design
* Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
Desired skills / experience:
* Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
* Process control experience, APQP/PPAP
* Experience in managing capital equipment design, installation and commissioning
* Knowledge and usage of MS Office packages
* Process/systems orientated background
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
* Self-motivated and able to work under own supervision
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.