Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Process Engineer for our client Perkin Engines, in Stafford. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months.
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
A position has become available for a Manufacturing Process Engineer at the Stafford facility. The Manufacturing Process Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve current processes and systems used in manufacturing large engines. In addition, the Manufacturing Process Engineer will react to process demands to ensure Perkins customers receive a reliable product on time.
- Evaluate projects and prepare feasibility studies on current manufacturing processes to define desired results, assess value added proposition and determine project plans.
- Analyse, provide specifications and perform acquisition for new or replacement manufacturing equipment to improve current manufacturing processes.
- Improving existing manufacturing operations, incorporating new methods, new technologies and modern manufacturing processes
- Drive change to current processes to improve quality and velocity through the use of lean manufacturing principles.
- Preparing manufacturing documentation required for product manufacture.
- Analyse requirements and make recommendations for facility systems, processes, equipment needs, and engineering product designs.
- Drive out waste from the current processes through lean manufacturing tools and techniques
- Complete both specialised and broad-based assignments / projects which may require collaboration and integration with other functions
As the successful candidate you will be a champion for Manufacturing Engineering process adherence and project structure. You will adhere to the APQP process for process changes and new equipment introduction and play a key role in New Product Introduction implementation for Manufacturing Engineering.
Essential skills / experience:
- Previous experience in a technical Manufacturing related role
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
- Previous experience of using lean manufacturing tools and techniques
- Forward thinking, innovative approach to process design
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
Desired skills / experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Process control experience, APQP/PPAP
- Experience in managing capital equipment design, installation and commissioning
- Knowledge and usage of MS Office packages
- Process/systems orientated background
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.