Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor for our client Perkins Engines in Stafford. This is a permanent role.
Salary: £48,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 25 days annual Leave, Bonus, Share Scheme, Car Allowance and Contributory Pension Scheme
Hours: Full Time - 37
Travel: Very minimal - up to 10%
Relocation: Not support with this role
Perkins Stafford Engine Centre is part of the Caterpillar Large Power Systems Division. Employing over 600 people, the facility is responsible for the design, development and manufacture of large diesel engines which are used primarily in Generator Sets for the Electric Power market. With a history stretching back more than 80 years, Perkins is one of the world's leading providers of diesel and gas engines. Our applications are used as both Primary and Standby Generator power units in key facilities, infrastructures and buildings worldwide.
As an Manufacturing Engineering Manager you will lead a medium sized team (15 - 20) and manage manufacturing processes, tooling, gaging and equipment to economically produce product components and assemblies, and provide concurrent process functions from design concept through implementation.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for supporting the manufacturing operation and Product Groups, by translating the product requirements into the executable process.
* Supervises Manufacturing Engineering and operation functions for current manufacturing processes, new process justification and implementation, machines, equipment, tooling, work standards, NC programming, gage planning and technical troubleshooting to provide the most efficient and economical manufacturing and assembly of quality products.
* Ensures implementation of modern technology and verifies the effectiveness of equipment and systems. Establishes standards and works with shop personnel to resolve problems related to process, tooling, equipment, etc.
* Responsible for managing manufacturing process elements of new product introduction programs
* Adheres to and seeks to improve established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics and affirmative action.
* Provides technical input to the development of process improvement and reviews capital projects and challenges content of projects for validity and value before sending on to upper management for approval.
* Develops and maintains budgetary controls for the section, establishes and reviews objectives, and provides personnel requirements and future forecasts.
* Educated to Bachelor degree level in a relevant subject, preferably in Manufacturing Engineering
* Equivalent practical relevant experience
* Previous experience of a coaching, mentoring and motivating medium sizes teams
* Experience of the delivery of capital projects
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to lead, influence & engage others
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to manage significant projects to deliver improved business results
* Professionally accredited with up to date knowledge & experience of industry best practices and solutions
* Experience within automotive
* 6 Sigma Green or Black Belt Experience
* Previous experience of leading the whole NPI process
* Experience of Lean
* Knowledge APQP process
Closing date: 24/07/2017
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.