Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Machining for our client Caterpillar in Stafford. This is a permanent role.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Machining
Salary Range: £50,000.00 - £60,000.00 (D.O.E)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave ; 18% bonus ; £6960 Car Cash Allowance ; Childcare vouchers ; Contributory Pension Scheme - The company will double your contribution up to 10% ; Contributory share scheme - The company will match your contribution by 50%
Hours: Full Time
Relocation: May be supported with this role
Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
An opening has become available for an experienced manufacturing engineering professional to join the Technical Services team in Caterpillar's Large Power Systems Division (LPSD) at Stafford. This is an exciting opportunity to lead & develop the Manufacturing Engineering Machining team to deliver projects and assignments that will make significant contributions to the LPSD business.
This is a leadership level role within the Technical Services organisation. The successful candidate will have experience of leading a team of manufacturing engineers, will be a recognised expert in manufacturing & machining processes and will have significant experience of managing new products into existing manufacturing process streams, new process justification and implementation of process & equipment improvements from design concept through to implementation.
Other responsibilities include supervising Manufacturing Engineering and support functions in the continuous improvement of current manufacturing processes, machines, equipment, tooling, work standards, gauge planning, facility layout and area allocations to provide the most efficient and economical manufacturing of quality products; training & development of manufacturing engineering team members to industry recognised standards, managing manufacturing processes, tooling, gauging and equipment to economically produce product components.
The holder of this position will also ensure safe working practices are employed during all manufacturing engineering activities, manage regulatory compliance, creating & maintaining manufacturing engineering procedures & ensuring key competences are met, representing Technical Services in key forums (quality reviews, production meetings, project teams, task force activities) with LPSD and other Caterpillar stakeholders
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Ensuring optimum use of equipment and space in support of changing production requirements.
* Coordinating release dates and availability of machines, equipment and material schedules to satisfy demand.
* Directly working with other teams and suppliers, requires that the successful candidate demonstrates skill in negotiation, building consensus and achieving compromise to agree project deliverables and milestones.
* Representing their function in key forums such as Design Reviews.
* Evaluating and promoting new manufacturing processes.
* Establishing standards and working with other teams to resolve problems related to process, tooling & equipment.
* Working jointly with marketing, engineering and customer services areas on concurrent product and process designs to ensure products and processes are of robust design and support economical production.
* Providing project management support for major systems and equipment installations.
* Managing new product introduction programs including coordination of product design, component processing, and financial management to assure customer expectations are met whilst achieving functional and cost targets.
* Identifying & implementing training, development and motivation for a staff capable of completing objectives and implementing cost reduction projects, ensuring concurrent product and process design and meeting the requirements of the manufacturing process.
* Active involvement in decision making processes.
* Maintaining knowledge of applicable legislative requirements.
* Evaluating products and processes; performing needs analysis and initiating ideas.
* Supporting and advising other engineers, managers, and customers.
* A self-starter with strong technical leadership skills.
* An Engineering, Technical or Science degree or relevant proven experience.
* Applicants MUST have extensive experience machining and manufacturing processes gained whilst working for an industrial or manufacturing organisation.
* Proven Leadership Experience
* Excellent Analytical skills, able to interpret complex technical date and make recommendations.
* A practical understanding of failure analysis, problem solving, and product and process definition.
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels within the business, as well as with customers & suppliers
* Strong communication & customer management skills
* Previous experience of 3D modelling tools (Vis Mockup, Creo, TeamCenter).
* Previous experience using project & programme management systems.
The close date for the role of Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Machining is May 16th 2018
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.