Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering and Facilities Manager for our client Perkins in Stafford. This is a permanent role and the salary is between £56,000.00 to £67,000.00 (dependent on experience).
Salary: £56,000 - £67,000
Hours: Full Time - 37.00
Relocation: Available with this role
Sponsorship: Not available with this role
Benefits: Up to 20% Annual bonus (Depending on experience)
£7,000 Car Allowance (Depending on experience)
25 Days Annual Leave
Contributory Pension Scheme (Company matching up to 10%).
Company Share Purchase Scheme (Company Contribution 50%).
Child Care Vouchers
ROLE PURPOSE AND OVERVIEW:
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Manufacturing Engineering and Facilities Manager
you will have responsibility for the Manufacturing Engineering and planning functions, site maintenance, site wide facilities management and site Environmental, Health and Safety. This busy and challenging business requires an individual with high levels of commitment and the ability to respond quickly and decisively to customer demands in a rapidly changing environment. As the successful candidate you will work closely with the operations and quality teams, set and deliver on the facility improvement strategies supporting a continuing improvement to achieve world class PQVC results.
The Stafford Engine Centre is a medium sized manufacturing facility producing 3,000, 4000 series
products per annum, which are used solely for electric power generation
As the Manufacturing Engineering and Facilities Manager you will be a key member of the Facility Leadership Team, responsible for the performance of a team of c.40 employees across a 3 shift-working pattern. This opportunity will be ideal if you have previous experience within Manufacturing Engineering, Facilities Management and/or Technical Services and in addition to leadership experience. Working within the company's values & behaviours framework, your role is pivotal to the success and strategy of the business and will strongly influence our performance during a period of transformation and development. As the successful candidate you will be in line to potentially succeed the Plant Manager as part of our Succession Planning Strategy.
* Health and Safety in the workplace requirements
* Project management
* Procurement and installation of Machinery and equipment
* Specification of equipment
* Process design and management
* Strategy and vision setting and goal delivery
* Process documentation and procedures
* Capital management
* Management of suppliers and projects
* Ensure key milestones are governed and managed
* Manage budgets
* Efficiency improvements
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
As the successful candidate you will utilise experience and knowledge gained through exposure to a range of functions/ activities within a Manufacturing environment
* College or university degree or equivalent experience.
* Management / Leadership experience of accountability for extended teams ( A leader of leaders)
* Performed a pivotal role in effecting a step change in improving performance metrics
* Operated in a key role in effecting a cultural change
* Proven track record of building successful teams through coaching and mentoring
* Good communication skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
* Previous experience within a large scale manufacturing organisation plus familiarity with manufacturing facilities, equipment and processes.
* Previous experience of Lean manufacturing
* Successfully managed large capital expenditure projects to improve operational efficiencies
* Previous carried out a lead role within continuous improvement
* Demonstrated experience in Six Sigma & CPS initiatives
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.