Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for a multi-industry (aerospace, defence, security and advanced technologies) company based in Southampton. The post is permanent and paying competitively up to £40,000 per annum plus benefits.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment.
Contribute to the planning, co-ordination and improvement of the manufacturing process, ensuring that all product designs (both current and new) are optimised for cost, build quality, delivery on time and efficient manufacturability.
1. Develop, document and continually maintain Manufacturing and Test Methods including Build Method Agreement, Build and Test Instructions and Bills of Material.
2. Review and maintain Production facility layout / work environment including tools, jigs and fixtures. Identify workflow process problems / solutions and implement improvements.
3. Investigate and resolve manufacturing non-conformance issues, lead effective root cause and corrective action activities.
4. Work with the supply chain team and suppliers to improve cost, quality and reliability of supply of parts, materials and product.
5. Interface with Engineers to assist in developing Engineering concepts into physical product - designing for manufacturability.
6. Participate in component design, component selection and the make/buy analysis process.
7. Clarify and ensure full definition of engineering requirements, cost and scheduling estimates for Work Package Agreements.
8. Assist with customer returns and warranty investigations and advise on repairs.
9. Assist with the management of obsolescence particularly on engineering and component compatibility issues.
10. Keep Management informed of all significant issues which could impact the manufacturing process during both product design and manufacturing phases.
his vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.