Sitec has a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer for our client Caterpillar. This is a temporary role for an estimated 6-12 months initially and will be based in Stafford. The pay rate for this role would be between £26-32 p/hr LTD Company (dependent on experience)
An opening has become available for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join the Technical Services team in Caterpillar's Large Power Systems Division at Stafford. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team delivering projects and assignments that will make significant contributions to the LPSD business.
The successful candidate will have experience in paint, finish & manufacturing processes and will have experience of managing new products into existing manufacturing process streams.
This is a role within the LPSD Technical Services organisation, therefore the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing operation and Product Groups by developing & introducing improvements to current manufacturing processes, justification for and implementation of new manufacturing processes, machines, equipment, tooling, work standards, and technical troubleshooting for engine finish preparation and paint systems to provide the most efficient and economical manufacturing of quality products.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for provision of work instructions and process documentation to the manufacturing operations team. Other responsibilities include facility layout and area allocations, and related regulatory compliance.
Responsibilities will also include managing manufacturing processes, tooling, gaging and equipment to economically produce finished engine products. Furthermore to provide concurrent process functions from design concept through implementation, as well as process adherence and using best practice.
This person will be called upon to represent Technical Services in key forums (NPI reviews, Design reviews, etc.) with LPSD and other Caterpillar stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Ensuring optimum use of equipment and space in support of changing production requirements.
* Coordinating release dates and availability of machines, equipment and material schedules to satisfy demand
* Directly working with other teams and suppliers, requires that the successful candidate demonstrates skill in negotiation, building consensus and achieving compromise to agree project deliverables and milestones.
* Representing their function in key forums such as Design Reviews
* Evaluating and promoting new manufacturing processes.
* Establishing standards and working with other teams to resolve problems related to process, tooling & equipment.
* Working jointly with marketing, engineering and customer services areas on concurrent product and process designs to ensure products and processes are of robust design and support economical production.
* Providing project management support for major systems and equipment installations.
* Managing new product introduction programs including coordination of product design,
* component processing, and financial management to assure customer expectations are met whilst achieving functional and cost targets.
* Adhering to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics and affirmative action.
* Identifying & executing personal training & development requirements, completing objectives and implementing cost reduction projects, ensuring concurrent product and process design and meeting the requirements of the manufacturing process.
* Actively involved in decision making process.
* Maintain knowledge of applicable legislative requirements.
* Evaluate products and processes; perform needs analysis and initiate ideas.
* Support and advise other engineers, managers, and customers.
* Contribute to the identification, analysis, and resolution of any issues and clearly communicate technical information to process partners.
* Perform analysis and initiate ideas using complex technical data.
* Develop and maintain a keen understanding of internal and external customers' needs.
* An Engineering, Technical or Science degree or relevant proven technical experience is essential
* Applicants MUST have experience of painting/coating & manufacturing processes gained whilst working for an Engine Manufacturer or similar company.
* Excellent analytical skills, able to interpret complex technical data and make recommendations.
* Previous experience using 3D modelling tools (Vis Mockup).
* Previous experience using project & programme management systems.
* A self-starter with strong technical skills.
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well employees in other units, customers and suppliers.
* Decision making ability.
* Strong communication skills are essential.
* Have an understanding of failure analysis, problem solving, and product and process definition.
* Previous knowledge of Caterpillar products and processes and those of the competition is advantageous.
* MS Excel & MS Project skills are essential.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.