Sitec has a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer working for our client Perkins Engines. This role is an exciting opportunity to work within our clients Manufacturing Advanced Planning Team to be based in Peterborough.
The max rate of pay is up to £37.00 p/hr LTD Company.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
A role for a Manufacturing Engineer has become available within the Manufacturing Advanced Planning Team at our Perkins Engines facility in Peterborough for a Manufacturing Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly flexible, motivated, skilled and enthusiastic Manufacturing Engineering team.
The key focus of the team is to provide facilities for the Peterborough engine facility for machining lines, process improvement, equipment installation and new product introduction.
As the successful candidate you will utilise experience and knowledge gained through exposure to a range of functions and activities within a Manufacturing Engineering or Process environment to play a key role in the continued success of machining. This will include providing analytical and process expertise necessary to design, develop, implement and continuously improve manufacturing processes and systems within the Peterborough facility.
This technical role requires a high degree of expertise in manufacturing technology, quality processes and tooling. It will involve the application of sound manufacturing engineering skills in both project and process-based environments.
- Developing facilities to machine new components.
- Designing, procuring, commissioning and installing new equipment and machine lines.
- Working cross-functionally and with suppliers to ensure projects are successfully completed on time and to budget.
- Being at the forefront of machining and tooling technology trends.
- Resolution of quality defects, utilising root cause analysis, 8D and other 6 Sigma tools as necessary.
- Designing complex or intricate jigs and fixtures.
- Completing ergonomic assessments on high risk activities.
- Working with machine OEMs and tooling suppliers to optimise our processes.
- Driving process improvements to eliminate bottlenecks, reduce cycle time, reduce changeover time and improve efficiency.
- Providing technical support to achieve process control targets and internal quality standard certification (mAPQP).
- Develop and maintain supporting documentation e.g. process flow charts, PFMEA's, control plans, standard work and visual aids
As the successful candidate you will have the drive, capability and expertise to lead introduction of new components and process improvements in machining.
This role demands a self-motivated, proactive individual who is driven to succeed in a highly pressurised environment. The success of this role will lie in the ability to build and strengthen existing relationships whilst utilising technical expertise to drive the required change.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a Technical Engineering discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Previous machining experience or a proven track record of performing in a technically challenging field
- Experience of utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools in a manufacturing environment
- The ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the business and build strong working relationships
- Possess excellent PC skills and be competent in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, MS project
Skills / Qualifications / Experience you may have:
- 3D Modelling (Creo / ProE) or 2D Modelling (AutoCAD) experience
- Experience of implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques (CPS)
- Previous project experience
- Machine and tooling process knowledge specific to cylinder head manufacturing
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.