Sitec has a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer - Engine Hot Test, to work for our client Perkins Engines, based in Peterborough.
This is a contract position for an initial 6 months and the max rate of pay is up to £41.50 p/hr LTD Company
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
A vacancy has become available within the Manufacturing Advanced Planning Team at our Perkins Engines facility in Peterborough for a Manufacturing Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly flexible, motivated, skilled and enthusiastic Manufacturing Engineering team.
The key focus of the team is to provide equipment and processes for the Perkins production facilities including facility design, procurement and installation; process creation and improvement and new product introduction.
As the successful candidate you will utilise experience and knowledge gained through exposure to a range of functions and activities within a Manufacturing Engineering or Process environment to play a key role in the continued success of our Hot Test facilities & process. This will include providing analytical and process expertise necessary to develop, implement and continuously improve our engine hot test manufacturing processes and systems within the Peterborough facility.
* Developing facilities and processes to test our range of mechanical and electronic engines.
* Working with other ME engineers, performance engineers and suppliers to optimise our processes.
* Working cross-functionally to ensure projects are successfully completed on time and to budget.
* Being at the forefront of engine hot test technology trends in a manufacturing environment.
* Resolution of quality defects, utilising root cause analysis, 8D and other 6 Sigma tools as necessary.
* Completing ergonomic and risk assessments on activities.
* Driving process improvements to eliminate bottlenecks, reduce cycle time and improve efficiency.
* Develop and maintain supporting documentation e.g. process flow charts, PFMEA's, control plans, standard work and visual aids
As the successful candidate you will have the drive, capability and expertise to drive improvements aligned with the job role criteria above.
This role demands a self-motivated, proactive individual who is driven to succeed in a high-volume manufacturing environment. The success of this role will lie in the ability to build and strengthen existing relationships whilst utilising technical expertise to drive the required change.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience you will have:
* Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a Technical Engineering discipline (or equivalent experience)
* Previous engine hot test experience specifically in a volume manufacturing situation
* Experience of utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools in a manufacturing environment
* The ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the business and build strong working relationships
* Ability to analyse complex product and process data to enable process improvements and cycle time reductions
* Possess excellent PC skills and be competent in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, MS project
Skills / Qualifications / Experience you may have:
* Engine test experience in a development or R&D environment
* Experience of implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques (CPS)
We have additional information regarding the type of candidate our client seeks, the dynamics of the role and the team. Should you require further information on this Sitec are happy to provide this info.
The role will close COB 15/03/2019
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.