Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Dual nationals may be considered for certain roles.
Overall Job Purpose
Provide manufacturing, scientific production and facilities technical support to programme and/or project managers.
Summary of Key Accountabilities
* Design/deliver and manage process design, development equipment, documentation and introduction of best manufacturing practise in terms of productivity, reliability, innovation and quality to the workplace.
* Design/Deliver, manage and support all technical aspects of new/current processes and/or equipment within designated area of responsibility, ensuring all are underwritten and available on demand.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Design/Deliver manufacturing processes/equipment by delivering the agreed objectives/milestones and associated technical specifications/documentation in accordance with company processes and standards.
* Establish and record customer and process requirements including the production of configuration documentation in accordance with the appropriate procedures and legislation.
* Identification of all legislation and regulatory requirements associated with new and existing processes, ensuring compliance.
* Liaise with key stakeholders, project teams and management, ensuring appropriate communication of project/programme status and any circumstance reflecting upon safety, security, efficiency, quality, management or any other respective area of responsibility.
* Undertake investigations of facilities and processes with the aim of improving productivity, quality, and/or resolving problems.
* Support Quality, Safety, Projects, Facility and any other relevant department/programme/project as per business need.
* Promote and sponsor operational excellence and drive all actions aimed at continuous process improvement
* Works effectively with others and building required relationships and interfaces to support delivery of the Programme
* Responsible for identifying, defining and solving complex management problems in a dynamic environment.
* Provide a diverse and inclusive working environment that allows individuals to flourish and realise their potential
* Work with others to form high performing teams.
* Adopt a 'See It, Own It, Solve It' mind-set - by identifying obstacles to success and taking ownership to find solutions to those problems.
* Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management, including at locations other than Reading, eg. Coulport.
Qualificatons and/or Professional Memberships
* City and Guilds or recognised apprenticeship, and/or accumulated experience in defined discipline - Essential
* Accredited degree (Hons) in an Engineering related discipline. HNC, HND - Desirable
* Working towards membership of an appropriate professional institution - Desirable
* Specific knowledge of: General knowledge of: Manufacturing/Welding & Joining/NDE/Design/Machining/R&D - Essential
* Computer literate, with general purpose software in particular (Word processors, spreadsheets etc.) - Essential
* Awareness of Lean techniques and quality tools - Desirable
* First Aid trained - Desirable
* Background in manufacturing/engineering with a knowledge/understanding of materials, manufacturing techniques and processes - Essential
* Appreciation of planning and working within a team to processes/procedures - Essential
* Application of legislation/standards (Inc. UK Health and Safety in a manufacturing environment) - Essential
* Relevant practical experience in a mechanical/ manufacturing environment - Desirable
* Knowledge of relevant License Conditions and Environmental Permitting Regulations
* Prepared to travel in both UK and abroad and hold a valid UK passport.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.