Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer for our client Caterpillar, at their facility in Shrewsbury. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
Responsible for providing the technical expertise necessary to design, develop, and implement manufacturing systems, complex manufacturing operations and sophisticated machines.
The Manufacturing Engineer is expected to exercise independent judgment with little to no direction from supervisor.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop, evaluate and improve existing manufacturing methods utilising knowledge of assembly, tooling and production equipment capabilities.
* Analyse and plan workforce utilisation, space requirements and workflow to maximise efficiency.
* Developing and writing Standard work for new processes to include Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plans, and Detailed work instructions.
* Confers with vendors to determine equipment specifications and arrange purchase of equipment.
* Adhere to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, etc. in performing assigned duties.
* Responsible for seeking improvements to manufacturing processes by coordinating all the functions needed to integrate production equipment.
* Works with internal and external suppliers to develop and manage projects to ensure efficient and cost effective systems and processes to produce quality products.
* Coordinates, plans, monitors and reports the activities associated with the NPI project.
* Broad technical background in manufacturing processes / product and equipment.
* Requires the ability to communicate with other technical personnel.
* Good team-working skills
* Experience of military products and their operational environment.
* Self-motivated and energetic with good communication skills and to be prepared to present to and have discussions with customers and suppliers.
* Ability to deliver work to clearly defined plans within tight timescales.
* Flexibility to manage multiple priorities and prepared to bear significant responsibility for completion of a project.
* Working knowledge of NPI Processes would be an advantage.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.