Sitec are currently recruiting for a Client based in Yate South Gloucestershire who Design and Manufacture components for the Aerospace industry and are seeking an experienced Manual Miller / Turner permanent basis.
The salary is £13.50 per hour (at 37 hours per week this is equates to £25,974.00 basic)
* 25 days holiday per year
* 2 x annual salary life assurance scheme
* Hours of work
Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 4.00pm
Friday 7.30am to 1.00pm (no lunch) 37.5 hours
* Company will match 3% contribution into a Stakeholder pension scheme
We are seeking an experienced Miller/Turner preferably with aerospace experience to produce ground support components.
* Set up tools and load materials onto milling machine/lathe
* Carry out machining of components
* Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection to the authorised level;
* Identify and report drawing errors and suggest improvements;
* Work with managers and supervisors to implement the Company's policies and business objectives;
* Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat and tidy
* Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Workshop Supervisor.
* Fully skilled time served engineer/tool maker with milling & turning experience;
* Used to working to fine tolerances with ferrous and non ferrous materials;
* Able to interpret engineering drawings;
* Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment;
* Able to work under own initiative;
* Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach;
* Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times;
* Eligible to work in UK.
This Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the company.
If you would like to apply for the above position please send a copy of your CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.