Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine Industry and are seeking a Management Accountant to be based in their Bristol offices on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Management Accountant will be:
* Preparation of Monthly management accounts.
* Posting end journals on IFS General Ledger system.
* Review of balance sheet accounts reconciliation.
* Weekly cash flow and cash forecast completion.
* Preparation of month end trial balance.
* Completion of month end input to group reporting system.
* Preparation of monthly management accounts for BIT (K)L.
* Assist the finance manager in the general daily housekeeping of the finance function, following (and/or implementing) controls and processes required to comply with corporate governance issues.
* Preparation of Budgets and 3 x quarterly forecasts.
* Update and populate P&L models.
* Construct balance sheet and cash flow.
* Populate group forms and upload to reporting system.
* Production of stock provision information for formal quarterly stock reviews.
* Review the preparation of VAT returns.
* Perform other ad hoc duties as required.
Required Competencies/Skills of the Management Accountant:
* Good communicator.
* Microsoft office packages - Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Conversant with ERP systems and structure and quickly develop a thorough understanding of IFS financials and IFS enterprise and be confident in navigating both.
* High level of numeracy and accuracy.
* Part qualified or qualified accountancy CIMA or ACCA.
* Be able to work on own imitative.
* High level of focus and concentration required. Majority of accounting work is on Excel spread sheets which can involve errors unless attention to detail and accuracy is applied.
* Through time be able to apply financial perspective on operational issues within the business unit.
* High level of commitment required as the nature of the financial function operates to tight timescales.
* Ability to communicate and influence colleagues and senior management.
* Stamina and tenacity for seeing jobs through to the end.
* Motivated to develop new skills.
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.