Sitec has a requirement for a Maintenance and Service Technician for our client Perkins Engines in Peterborough.
This is a contract position for 12 months initially and the pay rates are dependent on experience, between £23.00 - £26.00 p/hr LTD Company
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The GED Mechanical Facilities team provide Mechanical Maintenance support to the GED state-of-the-art engine test facility to ensure quality data output is maintained. In particular the team has responsibility for manufacturing and fabricating test facility systems and rigs to assist engine development and verification.
The team is additionally responsible for commissioning the multi-million pound engine test facility, which has world-class performance, emissions and mechanical validation capabilities. Team members interact with the wider facilities team as well as other departments within GED and the Industrial Power Systems Development Engineers.
The Maintenance and Service Technician will primarily focus on Routine Servicing of high turnover equipment such as Heat exchangers, Drivelines and Test rigs, as well as routine TPM on Air handling units, Boilers, Chillers and fuel systems to ensure the facility can continue to run 24/7.
The candidate needs the knowledge, base skills and experience to be able to maintain the mechanical plant within the GED facility to the high standard required to keep the company at the forefront of today's technology. This also includes the ability to maintain and update records including Safe working procedures, read and interpret technical drawings and work with engineers, contractors and colleagues to design, install, commission and maintain new, refurbished and modified equipment.
They must be excellent at working with a diverse, cross function team. Proven decision making skills in high pressure situations. Excellent at personal time management and priority setting to meet customer targets.
ATTRIBUTES OF THE MAINTENANCE / SERVICE TECHNICIAN
* Team player with the ability to support a rotating Call out pattern
* Able to Verbally Report and document daily issues for hand over
* Be self-motivated and have the ability to work with limited supervision
* Must ensure safe working practices are followed. Able to create appropriate risk assessment and ensure they are adhered to.
* The candidate will own and complete tasks to a timescale & high standard
* Must sustain 5S, i.e. TPM tasks, Work area & Stores kept clean & well organised
* Able to investigate quality issues relating to machines in a logical and structured manner
* An awareness of Quality Control Systems
* Must have a sense of urgency & be flexible to support Production Operations
* A proactive attitude to fixing the root cause of machine failures is essential
* Support process improvements and all process change activities
* The successful candidate will drive cost saving ideas to improve company profitability
Skills, Experience, Qualifications you will have.
* Served a full Engineering indentured apprenticeship and or Qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
* Qualifications/Experience for working to health and safety standards/regulations
* Qualifications/Experience in fault finding of hydraulic/pneumatic systems
* Ability to read and interpret, design, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical drawings.
* Key Skills Level 3 (Or relevant experience)
Skills, Experience, Qualifications you may have
* Forklift Truck licence
* MEWP lift licence
* Qualifications/Experience in Fabrication and Welding.
* Qualifications/Experience in Calibration of instrumentation
* 16th/17th/18th edition wiring regulations
* First aid at Work
* 6 Sigma methodology
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.