Sitec has a requirement for a Machinist / Machining Technician for our client Perkins Engines. These are contract roles for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough. The pay rate for this role will be between £12-16 p/hr PAYE (Dependent on experience)
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Global Engine Development (GED-UK) based at the Perkins Engines site in Peterborough and part of Caterpillar Product Development Centre of Excellence (PDCOE) is dedicated to providing leadership in engine test and development solutions to Perkins Engines. We are currently seeking to recruit a permanent Machining Technician to support our current program's, contributing toward continued growth and market leadership in compact Diesel engines
The successful candidate will be working within the Research & Development Department to carry out , a variety of machining / fabrication work to support our new engine program's to very tight deadlines
This will involve reading and interpreting engineering drawings and engineers instructions and then using a variety of machinery (CNC and conventional) to produce the parts. This is predominantly producing one off parts.
The successful candidate will need to adhere to company processes including Safety, Standard Work and Quality.
* Good PC skills, including Microsoft Office, PDF, emails,
* Previous experience operating conventional Lathes, Milling machines, Grinding, Boring machines and or CNC programing / operating
* Previous experience in using measuring equipment, including vernier calipers depth and thread gauges to name a few
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
Applicants must be self-motivated with good team working skills and be willing to work shifts. Initiative, problem solving and positive attitude to change are also essential.
* Previous experience programing and operating 3D printers would be advantageous but training will be provided
* Apprenticeship / City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Machining or equivalent qualifications
* Previous experience at work coordinating or Leadership Experience
* Safe Working
* Team success
* Initiating action
* Customer Focus
* Work standards
* Quality orientation
* Good housekeeping
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.