Sitec has a requirement for a Machinist to work in our client - Perkins Engines - Research and Development team in Peterborough.
This is a contract role, expected to be ongoing, for 12 months. The max rate of pay is up to £14.00 p/hr PAYE.
The European Research and Development Centre (ERDC) based at the Caterpillar Campus in Peterborough is part of Innovation & Technology Development Division (ITDD) and is dedicated to providing leadership in engine test and development solutions to Perkins Engines.
Our client is currently seeking to recruit a contract Prototype Machinist to join our Prototype Machining Facility to support our continued growth and market leadership in compact Diesel Engines
The successful candidate will carry out a number of duties as detailed below. This is a key role that involves the manufacture of high specification prototype components within tight timelines. The ability to work to engineer's instructions and drawings, use your own initiative and work with the appropriate people to resolve issues is essential.
* Set-up and operation of various jigs and fixtures
* Operation of manual machines, as the role requires extensive experience with manual lathes, vertical and horizontal mills, band saws, grinding (surface/cylindrical) and other related equipment and tooling
* Be proficient with the use of all related measuring equipment and tooling
* Follow established processes and procedures for machining components at all times
* Carry out any other duties that may be required from time to time.
* CNC and 3D printing experience would be advantageous
* An understanding of Feature - CAM would be advantageous,
* Safe Working (Ability to work to and adhere to company Safety Policies and Procedures)
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
* Attention to detail, efficiency, and quality
* Communication (Customer facing with regard to work requests)
* Ability to work under own initiative and be self-motivated.
* Contribute to Team Success
* Be supportive of change
* Recognised apprenticeship, City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Machining
* Relevant experience in machining
* Applicants should be willing to work shifts and overtime if required.
* Applicants should be aware this is a contract position
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.